Inspired by the homonym fixed blade ideated in 2015, the folding knife version of the Hecate designed by Alessandra De Santis has been produced by the famous We Knife Co.
Named for the Greek goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts and necromancy, the WE Knife Co. Hecate is a frame lock knife with a sculpted titanium handle and a CPM 20CV blade.
The knife is distinguished by a guard with 2 triangular holes which, together with the hole on the backspacer, refer the three-headed Hydra of the logo.
- Manufacturer: WE Knife Co.
- Designer: Alessandra De Santis (Hydra Design)
- Project Date: 07/2018
- Release Date: 10/2019
- Blade Length: 3.8" (96.7 mm)
- Closed Length: 5.33" (135.4 mm)
- Overall Length: 9.14" (232.2 mm)
- Blade Material: CPM-20CV Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.16" (4.0 mm)
- Blade Hardness: 59-61HRC
- Blade Style: Wharncliffe
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Stonewash / Darkwash
- Handle Material: Stonewashed / Darkwashed 6Al4V Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.51" (13.0 mm)
- Backspacer Material: Titanium
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Opening: Manual, flipper
- Pivot Assembly: Ceramic Bearings
- Pocket Clip: Titanium (Tip-Up, Right Carry)
- Weight: 5.49 oz. (155.59 g)
- Stainless Steel Glass Breaker
Designed for tactical applications, this over-built knife has a dramatic Wharncliffe blade optimized for utility and combat. The knife features ceramic bearings for a very smooth blade opening, a full titanium backspacer with glass breaker included, and titanium pocket clip that match the handle texture.
“If you can recognize a knife only by its silhouette, it means that the designer has done a great job!”
“I have chosen every knife I own, the Hecate chose me...Once I got it in my hands I knew it was mine forever...My Hecate from @hydra_knifedesign is definitely at the top of my list! ”
“The blade is really slicey, but imagine cutting for one hour without feeling any hot spots! The handle is an ergonomic materpiece designed by Alessandra De Santis.”