Tactically-inspired everyday carry folding knife, the RDF features a practical button lock mechanism that, combined with multiples way to deploy the blade, make it a satisfying fidget friendly knife.
Designed by Alessandra De Santis (aka Hydra Design), the RDF (Reduced Drag Factor) takes its name from the ballistic world, giving continuity to the 7.62 fixed blade knife from which it derives.
The RDF blade is made in AUS10 steel with darwash or bead blasted finishes. The flipper opening deploys the blade fast, teaming with the ball bearing pivot for a great smoothness. The one-hand opening is also possible thanks to the large thumb-hole, but also directly via the button-lock.
- Manufacturer: Kubey Knives
- Designer: Alessandra De Santis (Hydra Design)
- Project Date: 08/2020
- Release Date: 02/2023
- Blade Length: 3.11" (79 mm)
- Overall Length: 7.32" (186 mm)
- Locking mechanism: button-lock
- Opening: manual, flipper / thumb-hole
- Blade Material: AUS10
- Blade Thickness: 0.12" (3 mm)
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: darkwash or bead blasted
- Caged Ceramic Ball Bearing
- Handle scales: textured G10 (black, desert tan, OD green, camo)
- Backspacer: G10
- deep carry steel pocket clip (tip-up/r-l)
- Weight: 3.6 oz. (102 g)
The handle consists of G10 scales (with a fine texture to improve grip) and nested steel liners. The RDF comes with a reversible deep-carry steel pocket clip for discreet carry.
“If you can recognize a knife only by its silhouette, it means that the designer has done a great job!”
“I have chosen every knife I own, the Hecate chose me...Once I got it in my hands I knew it was mine forever...My Hecate from @hydra_knifedesign is definitely at the top of my list! ”
“The blade is really slicey, but imagine cutting for one hour without feeling any hot spots! The handle is an ergonomic materpiece designed by Alessandra De Santis.”